Pages

Tuesday 10 July 2018

Israel-Family

First of all, for those of you who didn't know, I'm now in Israel! Before I tell you what we do here I need to tell you about family and what its like. It's so hot here that the average heat in the summer is around 36 degrees and at night it's around 20. So It's too hot to play outside when It's between 1-3 pm. So in that time you sleep or rest for 2 hours, which is called schnutz. Now that you know how hot it is, you should know about my family because It's big, and when I say big I don't mean 10 people big, I mean 35. Every friday, all the family comes together at where we're staying/my grandparents, and eat and eat and eat. We call it friday dinner. I think that pretty much sums up my family. 


The first thing we did after unpacking and recovering from jet lag was go to the pool. But this pool isn't like the Olympic pools, It's so much better. First of all, there's only one outdoor pool about double the size of the Olympic pools, and instead of walking into where you buy tickets and eat, you walk straight into the pool and theirs chairs and food inside the pool. Plus, if your from our Kibbutz, Kfar Blum, then you don't even have to pay. So It's bigger, easier to eat, more refreshing, and you don't have to pay. Now that's what I call a pool.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Shai

    Oh how fantastic to be with all your whanau! Enjoy the embrace of your wider whanau while you are there Shai. We may need to share the pool information with the GDC in relation to the Olympic pools. Hmmm, I feel like I need to have a schnutz after the holiday break. I had a wonderful holiday with my 4 moko's and returned to Gisborne exhausted!! We look forward to reading more posts. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading my posts. Try have a schnutz, it feels good and your wide awake for the afternoon. Make sure you don't sleep for to long or you won't be able to sleep at night. Also, where did you go for a holiday and for how long?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora ano Shai
    I spent a couple of days in Auckland with my daughter and my new moko Taiaha and then we all went down to Nelson to stay with my son and the twin moko's. We had a wonderful whanau time together - very exhausting though with the rascal 2 year old twins! They are very busy boys!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.