Pages

Saturday 21 July 2018

Yoavs Bar Mitzva

Today at 11:00 we went to Yoavs Bar Mitzva. You probably don't know what a Bar Mitzva is so I'll tell you. A Bar Mitzva is when a boy turns 13 and a Bat Mitzva is when a girl turns 12. Right now I'll be
telling you what a Bar Mitzva is.
A Bar Mitzva is when a boy turns 13 and the whole family celebrates. (In this case around 60 people) It's when a boy becomes a man and is close to becoming an adult.
The person who has the Bar Mitzva makes something to represent how much he's grown. (With parents help if wanted)
Related imageHim and his closest family also give a speech about what he's like. It's like turning 18 in NZ except you give speeches and It's just your family. Ok, so It's not really like turning 18. Lets just say It's a birthday that happens 1 time in your life so you want it to be special. Anyway now I can tell you about Yoavs Bar Mitzva. It was really fun with lots of games and great food and snacks.
 I didn't know all the relatives because they were from different places but I got to know them. There was a fun place with Foosball and all these other fun games that I don't know the name of in a corner with some grass and music.
Most of the time I was in the play corner playing football and other games in the corner with all the kids but at the start I had to try all the food there because it was so good. My favourite food there was probably the falafel.
Yoav is my second cousin and as you know, turned 13. He loves football like me and is always smiling. Seriously, I've never seen him not smiling. He has a brother and a sister who are both younger than him. His brother is 7 and his sister is 11. He loves playing video games with his brother, and watching scary movies with his sister. (Who usually falls asleep in the middle of them.)
My favourite thing about Yoav is that he always sees the positive side of things and is really friendly and caring to other people. Sadly there leaving to America today because that's where they live and they were just on holiday. But I hope them a safe trip and hope they come back soon.







 

3 comments:

  1. I wrote quite a lot but a Bar Mitzva is really important and you needed to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shai,

    Yoav sounds like a wonderful cousin and it was interesting to learn from you what and why a Yoav had a Bar Mitzva.......it sounds like a wonderful opportunity for a family to celebrate and be together. Hopefully you share our blog with Yoav so that you can keep in touch.

    Storm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. And I was just thinking that I could share my blog with him to show him how much fun I had at my first Bar Mitzva.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.