Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2018

Jerusalem

Jerusalem



Western Wall Tunnels
The Western Wall is in the Old City but sadly most of it got destroyed 2,000 years ago. The wall stretched along almost half a kilometre,  but today, the only bit you can see is a small 70 metres. The tour of the tunnels underground were nice and cool, and we could reach and touch the hidden part of the sacred wall. We walked through ancient spaces, with large stone arches, water pits, an ancient water aqueduct that ended at a pool. My favourite bit was when we walked over glass with a 10 metre drop. It was a bit scary at first but then I realized there were people double my size walking across it so I would be fine.
Image result for western wall tunnels in jerusalem aqueduct


Biblical Zoo
           The Zoo was so fun! There were so many crazy animals! There were dark places with Nocturnal animals like bats, and Owls and much more. My favourite animals were all the Lions, Leopards and Cheetahs, so all the big cats and the wolves. There were cool Lizards and spiders, my favourite part was when my sister screamed because she saw an Anaconda. But in the end, all of us had lots of fun and had
                                   a great time in Jerusalem.



4 comments:

  1. Wow Shai, I have learned some new information from reading your blog. It looks like you are having a wonderful educational adventure with your whanau. Regards Koka Janna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shai (and Kaya!)
    Wow, it looks like you are having an amazing time and learning so much! Jerusalem is one the most amazing places I've visited too. I'm looking forward to hearing about your time with your Israeli family - are you staying at the kibbutz? I'll keep my eyes posted on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shai! Wow, I now want to visit Jerusalem especially the Western Wall and the walk over the glass, that sounds really interesting and a lot of fun:) Great Blog posts thank you for sharing your travel experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for reading my posts and I hope you have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.