Pages

Sunday 29 July 2018

Learning Hebrew

Image result for aleph bet informal and formal
The small letters under the big letters are the
formal way to write it.
You may be thinking that I'm having a really cruisy, easy holiday. Well you're probably right, but I also have to learn how to read and write in hebrew. Nearly every day after we have lunch, but before we have a schnutz, our dad teaches us for half and hour how to read and write. But It feels much harder to read and write in hebrew than in english. There are two different styles, cursive is the handwritten form, and  formal is the printed style like books, newspapers, ads, and posters. Right now I know the whole alphabet of by heart and can read up to lammed which is the 12th letter in the hebrew alphabet. There's also 5 letters that are spelt differently at the end of a sentence which I haven't learnt yet. To help me I installed a game that's really helpful and my mum likes it so she uses it. You write from right to left and  It's like reading a book from back to front.
Image result for aleph bet

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora,Morena, “Boker Tov” ,Shai
    Wow - how amazing!! How fortunate you are to have dad ensure you deepen connections and understanding of your culture through learning Hebrew. If getting along and good communication really depends on being able to put ourselves in other peoples’ shoes, then, being able to speak their language helps us more deeply understand how others see the world. I look forward to you sharing some of this new learning when you return. Good luck, kia kaha, בהצלחה!!
    Koka Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since It's midnight then I'll say Lilatov which means good night. Thanks for listening and adding some comments in Hebrew to. Goodnight, לילטוב, and I hope you have a wonderful term.

      Delete
  2. " Boker Tov Shai ", This is very interesting and also looks complicated. I like how your story is very detailed and descriptive. My feedforward is that you could add where people speak hebrew. Thanks have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the feed forward Naomi. Israel is the only country that speaks Hebrew, the other official languages is Arabic. صَبَابَةת, Sebaba, sweet as.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.