Pages

Wednesday 19 September 2018

Cross Country

This blog post is long delayed but I came second so I had to blog about it. 5 days after I came back from Israel, the Cross Country was on. Since I've never not come a placing I wanted to make sure I did every Cross Country with a placing, so even though I was jetlagged I still pushed myself to run the Cross Country.
There was dragons flying around in my tummy, parents were cheering, I was in pain. Sprinting as hard as I possibly could, I see the finish line, I fell to the ground. I see my friend Lani lying next to me, also in a lot of pain. I remember when we were waiting for our turn, Lani told me that he came 4th or 5th every time so he made it to interschools but never came a placing. But when he was running, he was coming first by miles. His face showed me that he was so determined to come a placing, and he came first. I just want to say good on you Lani and you were a machine.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Shai.
    Your grit and determination paid off - ka mau te wehi. You ran a well paced cross country and pushed through the jet lag and pain. You should be very proud of yourself.
    Koka Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi shai and my name Abbie I really like how you did some ifromashin I went to west cost cross county it was so fun I came 4th to last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for replying to my blog post Miss Kingi and Abbie.

    Abbie by the way, it doesn't matter if you came fourth to last you tried your best. Also 2nd is just the first loser.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.