Pages

Thursday 9 August 2018

Chocolate Madness

As you can probably tell from my last post, my family really likes chocolate. And as you can probably tell from the title, today we made and ate chocolate. We went to a place called Shulman in kibbutz, Dafna, which is really close to where we're staying. It has a really cool art museum where everything is made out of chocolate. There's also a wall that has some really cool information about chocolate, like in 1948 they made my all time favourite chocolate spread; and I'm not talking Nutella. The chocolate
spread in Israel can be fed to the gods, or at least that's what I think. Chocolate spread started when 5 brothers opened a small factory that sold sweets: Tahini, Waffles, Halva and Jams. Over time the factory decided to start focusing on chocolate spread, The Dawn. Already 3 generations of Israeli children have grown up with it.


After we checked out the museum we went to actually make chocolate. It was so much fun with lots of friendly chocolate; I  mean people, I mean lots of friendly, yummy, people. Anyway, there were a few people from America that looked about 20. They were really nice to us and we had lots of fun with them. First, we had to choose a picture on the table and I chose the cartoon pig. Then we went over the outline with melted dark chocolate and colored in the middle with white chocolate so it made a cool background effect. Then we had 4 small chocolate squares that we could mold into something and decorate. I made 2 chocolate balls with coconut and 2 squares decorated wit dark and white chocolate. We got to take everything we made home and I had a great time, like always.

3 comments:

  1. Morena Shai
    Wow! This all sounds absolutely deeeeeviiiine!!! Mmmmmm....can just imagine all the chocolate! A chocolate museum sounds like fun and what a great history behind the spread. The little pig is very cute:-) . Enjoy.
    Koka Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shalom, Hi, שלום Jo Kingi. Since you like chocolate so much I would bring you my pig but my mum already ate it. Thanks for replying and hope you're not having a great time without me!
    Shai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shalom, Hi, שלום Jo Kingi. Since you like chocolate so much I would bring you my pig but my mum already ate it. Thanks for replying and hope you're not having a great time without me!
    Shai

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.